Monday, April 11, 2011

Is spring here yet?

Today it officially felt like Spring has arrived!

Although the weather has been a little up and down lately (one minute it was beautiful and the next minute I’m looking through my window to a blizzard), traces that nice weather is approaching are everywhere. To me, the season of spring means seeing less winter jackets, students filling the libraries at 8:30 in the morning studying for exams, finally spotting green grass, no longer going out of your way to take the indoor or underground tunnel routes from one building to the next, not minding when the bus arrives 10 minutes late and the end of roll up the rim.

There is however, just one sign of spring that no Waterloo student can ignore ... the return of the Canadian Goose!
Our campus is just not the same without the presence of our best friends, the geese. And coming from someone who is terrified of birds, I've grown so accustom to them being around, joining me on my walks to class, lending friendly morning reminders to get out of bed when I lived in residence, and they can often be spotted grazing on the lawns of many buildings. To me, the return of the geese means the ending of Winter term and the beginning of warmer weather.
As a Waterloo student this is what Spring looks like to me.
So what does the Spring look like to you?
Side note: I don't advise that you chase after the geese, VERY bad idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment