Wednesday, March 9, 2011

MARCH BREAK OPEN HOUSE COUNTDOWN: 7 days!

The March Break Open House is fast approaching! 

In only 7 days campus will be booming with hundreds of future students from all faculties as they are welcomed to the University of Waterloo by staff, faculty, and students alike.

There is no busier time on the Recruitment side of the Arts Undergraduate Office! All of us in the Faculty of Arts are getting really really excited as we put the final touches on the awesome day we have planned. 

As our to-do lists are winding down I thought I would give you all a super secret sneak peek into the projects I've been working on for the Open House!

This currently is the state my office is in!

As you can tell from the picture above, right now I'm working on getting things ready for the big day! 

I've lined up the t-shirts for all the volunteers that will be so generously helping us out. Part of my job has been to assist in coordinating the many volunteers whose bright and shiny faces you will see on the day of. They're not only assisting us with set up and facilitating the sessions being offered, or tending to the various booths/ stations, but will be there to answer any questions you may have. So, be sure to keep an eye out for them!



I've also helped get some other supplies ready such as water (the picture above is of the big tower of water in our supply room), painting signs that will go up around campus, and making some mixed cds that will play in the main foyer of the Arts Lecture Hall (which is where all our guests will be arriving and registering). I'm also working on some video and media related projects that will be used during the March Break Open House in the information sessions throughout the day.

And for my final and most favourite project, I'm coordinate the Faculty of Arts Tours that will be provided by our Arts Ambassadors for the March Break (March 16,17, and 18). I'm currently training student ambassadors, and organizing these tours with uWaterloo's Visitor's Centre.


I am so fortunate to get a chance this year to be so involved in planning and organizing this huge event as I can recall it being one of my favourite and one of the most influential events I attended before making my decision to accept my offer here. I would highly encourage any student thinking about attending the University of Waterloo to come out for this wonderful event where you really will get all of your questions answered and most of all truly experience the Waterloo Arts difference! Everyone is welcome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment